TUESDAY, April 14:
• Alabama Hills Stewardship Group hosts another successful Alabama Hills Day
• Manzanar National Historic Site denounces auction of artifacts from World War II internment camps
• Readers weigh in on water conservation
Tioga Pass Road is currently open up to the Yosemite National Park gate and Sonora Pass is scheduled to open this Friday. However, the passes could close again if the roads could close again if weather conditions require it.
• 1204 – The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
• 1606 – The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of English and Scottish ships.